Tuesday, November 20, 2012

12th November Au Revoir Paris...Hello Hello Hello London!


Super early...again...for the Eurostar so decided to stop in a cafe and have a chocolate croissant and cappuccino. I may have said this previously but we have lost the froth from our cappuccinos in Australia. The reason I usually order these is because they have real trouble understanding here in Europe that we have milk with our coffee...but there is just so much froth!!!
Check in and the Eurostar experience was so much simpler this time...it helped that I was able to write down an exit from the UK flight number. Last time I think that what bothered them most was that I was picking up the Trafalgar tour in London and not flying out, they really struggled with that I was leaving the UK on a ferry.
I arrived at St Pancras station in London and rather than negotiate the tube with a heavy suitcase I decided to catch a cab to the hotel. It wasn't too far and only cost 11 pounds. My accomodation in London is at the Citadines apartment on Northumberland Ave Trafalgar Square. The room size is good, I have a double bed, a kitchen and bathroom. The TV is small and getting in and out of the bath/shower requires some manoeuvring...because the side of the bath is very high...but overall I can't complain. I first worked out where I was and then decided to go and get my London Pass so I could then make a plan of action of what to do in London this week. It is raining in London today..but I'm not worried about that because as far as weather goes on this trip I have been amazingly lucky. The worst weather I had was probably the 3 days in Normandy and the day in Florence so in 7 weeks that's not too bad!! I went and collected my London pass at Leicester Square and then went to the grocery store to get some breakfast cereal, milk and tea. Then it was back to the hotel to make a plan of action for the week!




1 comment:

  1. What a cute little apartment! And very modern looking. Enjoy London, I can't wait to read the next instalment in your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete