Thursday, October 25, 2012

19th October Germany

Today we travelled through Arnhem into Germany. I was not expecting to particularly like Germany, but I was so wrong, it was beautiful! We began our day with a Rhine cruise from Boppard and past the medeival ruins of St Goar. I'm in Germany...and it's October...so I had a beer ;)

Next stop was the magnificent sandstone castle at Heidelberg. I fell in love...well I did eventually, I was not in love with the 341 steps it took to get up there though!!!! It was so worth the climb, the view over the Rhine river was spectacular but the castle itself...ruins and all took my breath away. I can only imagine how spectacular it was when it was first built. The only thing missing as I entered the courtyard of the castle was Prince Charming on a white horse!
We then spent the night in Mannheim.










2 comments: