Sunday, October 21, 2012

16th October London


Tonight was another day to rest and get ready for my Trafalgar tour. I still needed to get a warm jacket/coat and I was hoping to find myself a pair of boots. But first I wanted to go to the Trafalgar office to find out what time my tour began. I first went t the Post Office though to send home some of my clothes, paperwork and brochures I have picked up and a couple of souveneirs I have bought. It cost 76 pounds, but has freed up about 4kgs in by bag...which I have already replaced, and then some!I then found my way to Waterloo station and found the Trafalgar office with no trouble. I discovered there that I was to have a 4:30am wake up call...aaaaaargh!!!
The sun was shining and the sky was blue and the Trafalgar office was right across the road from the London Eye, so taking full advantage of the great weather I decided to seize the moment and head up to the London Eye now rather than risk a week of possible rain when I return in November. I had no intention of sight seeing today, it was meant to be shopping again but the Trafalgar boys from the office also recommended it was a great day to go up and with the weather in London so unpredictable it needed to be done! The ticket line was not too long and moved quickly, there were lots of people but I was able to get on in no time. The London Eye is like a big ferris wheel and you walk into a bubble like capsule. You are able to walk around in the bubble and take in the views. I was able to get my bearings from here and work out where I was. I saw the 'Gherkin', the new 'Shard', I could see Buckingham Palace in the distance as well as Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. When my ride was finished I went for a walk up past Big Ben, the Cabinet War Rooms, and before I knew it I was in Trafalgar Square! I gragged some lunch at McDonalds...mainly for the free wifi...and then had a quick look at the shops around Picadilly Circus. Then it was back to Shepherds Bush to find a coat and some boots! Not sure of my size here I have tried on lots of shoes and clothes, and like home, size is not consistent so the safest thing is to try everything on. I had no luck at all with shoes so will need to rethink that but I did get a puffy coat filled with down feathers. Donna from my Spain trip had suggested I get one of these as they are warm but are very light...thanks Donna :) So I am now as organised for cool to cold weather as I possibly can be...lets hope its enough!





No comments:

Post a Comment